Can you believe the holidays are upon us? I feel like I’ve received a billion emails and insta posts over the last week identifying the ‘best’ gifts to buy NOW for that [insert the identifier for the person you need to get a gift for here] and frankly none of it looks that special to me. While I am trying hard to get into a gift giving frame of mind I am always down for my favorite holiday of all, Thanksgiving.
For me, it’s a four-day whirlwind of cooking (this sweet potato gratin was a winner!), catching upon some TV and movie time with my favorite culture vultures (including 5-star worthy The Righteous Gemstones, The Irishman, and Knives Out), and catching up on all-things web. Here are a few stories which helped me recover from my tryptophan-induced lethargy……
- Speaking of gift guides, here’s a story on the role they play in retail
- A decade-long gamble pays off for one of the last wildcatter’s
- Detective Trapp’s quest to find a serial killer HAS to become a movie
- How one man used math skills to became the world’s greatest investor
- I’m now rethinking my upcoming AirBnB rental after reading this
- Not exactly a gift guide BUT…The Toy Hall of Fame
…here’s hoping you are having a lovely – and long – weekend full of family, friends, and fun!