I’ve been enjoying a nice, long break and taking it a bit slower than I usually do. Eating lots of great food, watching ‘must see’ movies [Being the Ricardo’s, Don’t Look Up, Nobody, The Last Duel and in a few days, MacBeth], and spending time with those I love are the best presents of all, and the perfect way to end 2021.
I’m not a resolution kind of gal, but I am a BIG list maker. On my list for 2022; travel to San Diego, Denver, Charleston, and Apalachicola, reading, painting [the art kind] and lightening up. By that I mean getting rid of some of the clutter and excess I seem to collect. I’ve spent the morning cleaning out my internet ‘Other Bookmarks’ folder (aka: links to things I will get around to reading eventually). Here are a few things which made the cut that you might enjoy…
- If you dig vintage clothing than you need to check out the Vintage Fashion Guild.
- The online clothing collections at the Museum at FIT are worth a visit.
- If pictures are your thing check out the NYPL digital collection.
- Japanese woodblocks – 223,128 to be precise – are certainly worth your time.
- I love a good personality quiz.
- And you can’t go wrong taking one of 75,137 music quizzes.
- These Project Big Life heart, head and life quizzes are worth taking too!
- Learning stuff at Owlcation.
- Watching classics on PizzaFlix.
- Is anyone this smart anymore? Bertrand Russell’s 1950 Nobel Prize acceptance speech
- Adding this to my ‘best of’ obituary collection.
- I need to be part of Be My Eyes.
- How very Daliesque!
Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best for 2022!
*What Are You Doing on New Year’s Eve? – Ella Fitzgerald