Lately I’ve really been focused on the world of fashion. This might be due to some recent travel which saw me killing time with lots of fashion mags while waiting for one delayed flight after another. And while spring is just around the corner the Fall ‘19 New York and London Fashion Week collections may also be to blame. Finally, there are two exhibitions taking place which I NEED to see: the V&A “Christian Dior: Designer of Dreams” (through July 14th) and the Met’s “Camp: Notes on Fashion” (opening May 9th). ‘Camp’ kicks off with the Met Gala on May 6thand I can’t wait to see what the two High Priestesses of Camp, Rhianna and Lady Gaga, bring to the red carpet. I doubt I’ll get an invitation to the Gala, and travel to the Big Apple and/or London probably isn’t in the cards either, so I’ll have to be content trying on fashion-related articles I’ve stumbled, including…
- Tyra Bank’s Modelland theme park is opening in 2019 – will you visit?
- 70’s model Benedetta is the subject of ‘The Disappearance of My Mother’
- Victoria Beckham is well on her way to becoming ‘Posh Designer’
- How can I spend the day (or week) at the Met’s Anna Wintour Costume Center archive
- Have you ever heard of designer Claire McCardell and her Monastic dress?
…Here’s hoping you are having a fashionably good time, whatever you’re doing!