I haven’t assembled an ephemera post for quite some time, mainly because I am at turns feeling uninspired by, overwhelmed with, and/or suspicious of the internet. There are only so many ‘best of’, ‘you need’, and ‘cute [insert here] animals/kids/ kindness’ articles a person can take (or believe). That said, I still get lost down the rabbit-hold of the web with one click leading to another, and realized I am just a little bit consumed by anything having to do with cooks and crooks. In no particular order, here are a few of the articles I’ve enjoyed…
- We are the ingredients – ‘The Cookbook’ featuring luscious images by Lucia Fainzilber
- Macabre food courtesy of The Conjurer’s Kitchen
- 12 years of parochial schooling and I never had nuns like these
- The way a 21stcentury dirty dish war is fought – on Twitter
- Ever heard of – or tasted – Amezaiku?
- So many questions! How a bathroom break (and spycam) busted a Chess Grandmaster
- Missing Game of Thrones? Now you can watch the opening sequence – Oreo style!
- Kate Jenkins witty crocheted food looks good enough to eat
- A modern-day David vs. Goliath tale: Backpage vs The Feds
If you are surfing the web because it’s too hot to do anything else here’s hoping you find a good rabbit hole (or three) to fritter away the day with. Stay cool…