I am 3+ weeks into this isolation thing and pretty sure at this point I am corona free. Week 1 of social distancing saw me driving 2000 miles for a work trip where I was essentially alone except for a few food, gas, and restroom breaks. Made record time getting to my various destinations too, since the highways weren’t crowded at all. And while I feel very fortunate to be able to work remotely week 2 & 3 have convinced me I am less busy when I work from my office then when I work from home.
If I put aside the fears, disappointments, and uncertainty that accompany this pandemic I am actually enjoying having more time to garden, cook, read, and spend time with my family. I have also been spending a LOT of time on the web (which I am grateful has enough bandwidth to support what seems like the entire country watching ‘Tiger King’ at the same time). Here are a few things that have kept me from going a stir-crazy over the last week. Here’s hoping one or two will do the same for you…
- When you’ve scrolled through everything Amazon, Netflix and Hulu have to offer check out Shout TV
- Spend some time virtually strolling in these beautiful gardens – my garden doesn’t come close
- If gardens aren’t your thing maybe Escape to The Chateau will be – I was instantly hooked
- Get lost in this chilling tale of character assassination which could happen to any of us
- Until we get the all clear to travel again you can explore the Rijksmuseum, the National Gallery, The Getty and The State Hermitage Museum from the comfort of your couch
- I am living in my comfy couch clothes but dreaming about the 2020 Spring Runway looks I – eventually – be wearing
- Everything is better with music – including 12 of Joe Exotic’s songs for your listening pleasure
…hoping you and yours are keeping healthy!