Even if I haven’t found time to regularly post I ALWAYS find time to read. It’s been part of my daily bedtime ritual for as long as I can remember. It’s truly ‘me’ time, allowing me to unwind while getting lost in someone else’s story.
99% of what I choose to read is fiction. While I periodically re-read favorites by Updike, Vonnegut, Tolkien, Irving, and Gaiman my nightstand is more typically stocked with the newest fiction I can find. And because I read 100+ books a year, every year, it’s increasingly difficult for me to find an author with a truly unique story to tell. These nine authors have achieved that – or I hope will – perfectly.
- The Secret Life of Groceries (because I’ve always wondered how our grocery shelves stay stocked)
- Opal & Nev (after reading this I want to design a rock star wardrobe for Opal – and see the movie)
- Nightbitch (between the title and the cover art I could not resist this book)
2 B Read
- Harlem Shuffle – Colson Whitehead
- The Sentence – Louise Erdrich
- Crossroads – Jonathan Franzen
- Klara and the Sun – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Cloud Cuckoo Land – Anhony Doerr
- The Great Circle – Maggie Shipstead
*You Can’t Judge a Book by Looking at the Cover – Bo Diddley (here)